This award recognises the accountancy practice in Ireland that can best demonstrate an initiative or project which shows a commitment to sustainability. This may be through a reduced carbon footprint, a change process within the organisation, a new partnership that demonstrates tangible evidence of environmental benefit or the use of energy saving products and methods.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by evidence that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Background: Please describe the sustainability initiatives and green practices implemented within your organisation over the past 12 months.
- Targets: Please outline any targets set relating to these initiatives and how they were rolled out across the organisation. This may include energy and waste management or any efforts to source local, Irish, and sustainable products and services.
- Organisation Commitment: Please describe the commitment that has been made to staff training and communication for the initiative(s). What is the level of senior management buy-in? Does it form a central part of the culture?
- Outcomes and Results: What have been the practical benefits of the initiative? Show measurable outcomes, with comparisons to previous years. Have you been the recipient of any accreditation, benchmarking, or external validation on the back of this work?
- Other facts & statements: Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry.